Improve Efficiency - Business Automation using OCR and Machine Learning
What is Automate Data Text Extraction ?
Automate data text extraction is the process of normalizing the extraction of text content, title and / or metadata information from various local files from ESI. This allows you to search for important content in almost any database, repository, or file system.
vDigiDocr uses artificial intelligence in all data extraction processes. Their advanced algorithms are based on image processing and optical character recognition (OCR) technology from the human point of view. Therefore, vDigiDocr provides reliable and accurate data extraction with high OCR accuracy. Extracting text from PDF documents is done similarly using artificial intelligence and self-learning algorithms.
What is OCR ?
OCR is an acronym for Optical Character Recognition. Recognizing text in images, such as scanned documents and images, is a common technology. OCR technology is used in machine readable text data, including text (input, handwriting, or print) in almost any type of image. Probably the most common case used for OCR is to convert a printed paper document into a machine-readable text document. Once the scanned paper document has been processed OCR, the text of the document can be edited with text processing such as:
- Microsoft word
- Google Docs
Before the advent of OCR technology, the only way to digitally print printed paper documentation was to manually re-enter text. This is not only time consuming but also involves making mistakes and making mistakes.
We have Our OCR software - vDigiDocr
vDigiDocr is an automated text interaction system including intelligent algorithms for identifying and extracting text content in a variety of image formats. With the advent of the digital age and the advent of multimedia content, it has become necessary to read and interpret the text associated with that content. Automatic text However, text sizes, styles, alignment, etc. vary, and low background resolution in complex images complicates OCR problems, so extracting text data from images in imaging has become a challenge.
How our vDigiDocr Solution works
Modes Of Operations
- Manual flow in which the documents are scanned via UI where the user marks the boundaries of the data to be retrieved from the document.
To be used for ad hoc document processing with high accuracy.
- Semi-Automatic flow in which templates are pre-defined with the boundaries marked for the list of data fields to be retrieved from the document of specific format. Any document of that format will get auto-scanned via UI or batch process using the same template and the extracted Output will be displayed on the UI or saved into a db or csv file for further processing.
To be used where images/documents of the same format to be processed repeatedly with high accuracy.
- Automatic flow uses machine and deep learning algorithms to scan the documents via UI or batch process. It auto marks the boundaries of the data fields of interest and retrieves the data. It uses a model to auto mark the boundaries. Model is pre-trained with the relevant documents so that it can apply on any new document of any format. More the training, better is the accuracy of data extraction.
Deep Learning Model runs on any Cloud platform like AWS or Google and is trained under supervision .Cloud platform is just required to train the model and generate the meta-data file which is bundled with the software and is used for processing at run-time.
Cloud platform is not required at run-time so the auto workflow is quite fast, efficient and cost effective.
Features of vDigiDocr
- Hybrid Solution - Standalone as well as Web Based.
- Document scanning/processing via UI as well as Batch Processing.
- Supports Template based and Machine Learning based workflows.
- Formats supported for incoming documents - pdf, doc, gif, tif, jpeg, etc.
- Formats supported for output - csv, json, xml, etc.
- Model Training on Cloud Platform.
- Scalable & High Accuracy Platform.
- Modular Service Oriented Architecture, Integration to 3rd party system like Accounting or RPA possible.
- Can be expanded to include support for hand-writen text and multiple languages.
Technology of vDigiDocr
- Computer Vision
- GPU Powered Google Cloud Platform Collab or AWS EC2 G3
Benefits of vDigiDocr
- Improves Productivity
- Cost Reduction
- Highly Accuracy
- Data Usability, Searchability & Conversion
- Data Security
- Improved Customer Service & Satisfaction
Few use cases where the vDigiDocr solution can be used
- Data entry for business documents, e.g. Cheque, passport, invoice, bank statement and receipt.
- Automatic number plate recognition.
- In airports, for passport recognition and information extraction.
- Automatic insurance documents key information extraction.
- Traffic sign recognition.
- Academic use for scanning of books, answer sheets, hand written notes, etc.