Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) in Manufacturing
Schematic Diagram of Solution
To provide different IIoT parameters like Productivity, Quality, Availability from multiple Die Casting and Machine Shop Machines. This data is then enriched and used by Internal Sigma’s Usecases like Dashboard, Reporting, Consolidation at Central Site.
- The client is one of the MNC operating in Manufacturing space.
- They were looking for the automation system which Interfaces with different types of Die Casting and Machine Shop Machines and provides different IIoT parameters like Productivity, Quality, Availability in their MySql Database.
- We collaborated with Sigma IT and Softgear to deliver an end-to-end solution.
- Softgear developed Machine interfaces and captured IIoT Parameters into PLC.
- We developed APIs which reads IIoT Parameters from PLC and inserts them into MySql Database.
- Sigma IT has used IIoT Parameters like Productivity, Quality, Availability for different internal Use Cases like Dashboard, Reporting, Consolidation at Central Site for Analytics etc
- Scheduled APIs to automatically capture from PLC different IIoT parameters like Productivity, Quality, Downtime
- Real-time display of OEE on DashBoard
- Daily Reporting to Operations team
- Collection of all the data on Central Site for performing data Analytics
Below are more details:
- Automation with IIoT solution resulting in high productivity and greater efficiency
- Reduce loss due to human error
- Cost saving where less staff required and ability to scale
- Remote-monitoring in real-time of OEE, machine health & condition, utility, critical process parameters, etc
- Management team can take decisive actions to meet their goals
- Improved the visibility & build a responsive culture on the shop-floor
- MERN Stack for API Implementation.
- Deployment on intranet server.